[Xcb] Your GSOC proposal: "Complete input support for XCB"

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Thu Apr 8 09:34:57 PDT 2010

On 2010-04-08 11:00, Christoph Reimann wrote:
> Peter, I did not have the time to look at the XInput/XKB XML
> descriptions yet. You posted a patch that "
> lets Wireshark parse the new syntax" - can you perhaps give me some
> hint what is technically necessary in order to get language bindings
> out of this?

The new syntax added in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xcb/proto/commit/?id=9d03507afa4
is not supported by libxcb yet. That support needs to be added to the
libxcb generators. The Wireshark patch linked adds such support to the
Wireshark dissector generator.

The technical side is likely to be fairly straight-forward (if you like
python). The hard part is figuring out what the generated C API ought to
look like when you're done updating the generator.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/