[Xcb] Problem selecting event input from different threads.

Erik De Rijcke derijcke.erik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 13:31:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have a fairly large program with a small part accessing xcb. It basically
does the following:

thread A: open a display; spawn thread b; listen for events.
thread B: set event mask (substructure redirect mask on root window)

What seems to happen is that thread A never gets any configure request
events nor map requests. However when I replicate this exact code with Xlib
with build in xcb backend, thread A does receive events.

I'm guessing only the thread that sets the mask gets the events, is there a
way to tell xcb to deliver the events to thread A or is this a possible bug?