[Xcb] Win32 port - pls review

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 12:31:05 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've made the following changes as suggested by everyone here:

- initialized errno to 0 in read_block so that in Win32 this loop processes
only once without the need for preprocessor directives.
- _xcb_open now returns -1 if control reaches the end.
- have replaced read with recv unconditionally.

Jamey:
>I think you could simplify the write_vec changes by providing your own
function named writev

Hmm I had done something similar earlier i.e. instead of having #ifdefs within
the core xcb funcs had my own versions of these functions for Win32 but ppl
on the list advised me to have singular functions with #ifdefs instead. I'm
open to either solution.

The code seems to function under Win32 but would appreciate if ppl could
have a look and also confirm if it works on non-win32 platforms and if all
looks good.

Bye for now
Jeetu
http://www.ebrain.in
- An open (GPL) platform to discover and run software off someone in the
meshed network pool and use it on your own device

twitter: @0topcat0 and @ebrainpool

us/library/ms737828(VS.85).aspx<http://msdn