[Xcb] Splitting up xcb-util repository

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Mon Aug 16 12:50:07 PDT 2010

In message <AANLkTi=PY-b5t6ZSa33+oMcbD91H_q9nVfh110gq-LPX at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Barton C Massey <bart at cs.pdx.edu> wrote:
> > IMHO, it would be perfectly reasonable to raise the required
> > versions of autoconf/automake for all of X. I'd prefer that
> > to some kludge that makes things work with older autoconf.
> >
> > autoconf 2.60 was released in June 2006, and 2.61 in
> > November 2006. I don't think that we're going to cripple
> > anyone by requiring this "later" version.
>
> The version in question, 2.62, appears to have been released in April
> 2008. That's getting into more questionable territory. For example,
> current Debian stable (lenny) has 2.61, not 2.62. Of course, with the
> squeeze release coming up, and with 2.65 available in lenny-backports,
> I'm having trouble caring very much. On the other hand, if Gaetan is
> willing to maintain support for older autoconf, who are we to stop
> him? You and I, Bart, have managed to mostly keep our hands out of
> autofoolery, and I for one would like to keep it that way. ;-)

Sorry, I misread and thought 2.61 was sufficient.

Anyway, I'm happy with whatever people do here, as long as
it works well.  Just saying that the X.Org minimum versions
aren't written in stone, but won't be updated at least until
somebody requests it with a good reason.

BTW, is it possible to just remove the dependency on m4 -I
by using explicit paths?  Or are there paths that aren't
known at configure time?

	Bart