[Xcb] The import statement

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Wed Dec 15 15:39:33 PST 2010

On 2010-12-15 18:32, Marcos Roriz wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm making a simple parser for the xmls in the xcb (in java :D) and
> I'm a little confused about the <import> statement, what does it mean?
> Does it mean that the .xml extension inheris the file types?????

Yes.

For example, render.xml does an <import>xproto</import> so that it can
use RECTANGLE, VISUALID and etc types (which are defined in xproto.xml).

The most complex example is in glx.xml. There exists a PIXMAP type in
both xproto.xml (imported) and in glx.xml. It uses the fully qualified
types "glx:PIXMAP" and "xproto:PIXMAP" to disambiguate. Most uses of
import don't have any name collisions, though.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/