[Xcb] patch to xcb's makefile

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Wed Dec 29 02:18:10 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:29:11AM +0100, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29 2010, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
>
> > reads $(PYTHON) ... -p $(XCBPROTO_XCBPYTHONDIR)
> >
> > Python 2.5 and 2.6 do not have a -p option.
>
> The -p option is passed to the script, not to Python itself.

I realized that later on. As opposed to what xcb/proto/README
suggests, I fixed my build by exporting PYTHONUSERBASE.

I want to test this version locally, hence compile then install to
~/local and setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH to ~/local/lib/pkgconfig and
PYTHONUSERBASE to ~/local/ got the xcb compilation to find the right
versions.

Maybe the xcb/proto/README could include this information?

--
Nicolas Chauvat