[Xcb] read_only missing in xcb_shm_segment_info_t ?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Jan 2 13:09:24 PST 2010

Le samedi 2 janvier 2010 23:01:10 Vincent Torri, vous avez écrit :
> Hey,
>
> in Xlib, there is a readOnly member in the XShmSegmentInfo structure.
> There is none in our xcb_shm_segment_info_t. Is it normal ?

This is not needed (and I guess not part of the "wire" X11 protocol).

The X11 client takes care of the segment, so it ought to know if it is read-
only or not. XCB does not read or write the segment (contrary to Xlib's
XImages), so it does not need to know if it is read-only or writeable either.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/