[Xcb] XCloseDisplay hooks

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Fri Jun 4 08:03:16 PDT 2010

On 2010-06-04 10:43, Julien Danjou wrote:
> I've looked in the list archive, but cannot find which solution cairo
> finally used to replace the XAddExtension mechanism from Xlib (cf the
> thread[1] from October 2009)
>
> I'm currently trying to port libXcursor to XCB, and I'd need this
> also. :-|

I'd like to see something like this for xcb/util/atom, too. Without it,
we can't add the sane/obvious asynchronous interface: xcb_atom_prefetch.

I tried writing a generic connection-private helper for xcb/util that
could be used by xcb/util/atom, xcb/util/render, cairo, etc, but I got
bogged down in the locking needed to make it thread safe.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/