[Xcb] cursorfont definitions for XCB?

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Jun 7 09:23:55 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
> Vincent Torri wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>>> Is there an XCB enum equivalent of the definitions Xlib provides in
>>> <X11/cursorfont.h> to map cursor shape names to their standard glyphs
>>> in the "cursor" font?
>>
>> For me, that file is more "X11" than "Xlib".
>> XCB is too low-level to have such file. Imo, it should use cursorfont.h.
>
> So should it be moved to x11proto?   Seems weird to have xcb-using
> programs depend on having libX11 installed to build them just to
> get cursor names.

Makes sense to me, I guess, although xcb-using programs don't normally
need x11proto either. But I certainly would prefer that people use the
same header for this regardless of whether they're using Xlib or XCB.

You mentioned not being able to find a standard containing these
values. I don't know of one either, but they are listed by name and
image in Appendix B of "X Window System: C Library and Protocol
Reference", Scheifler, Gettys, Newman. My copy is the 1988 edition;
ISTR there was a second edition at some point?

It's quite an entertaining list, and I'd like to know what they were
on at the time.

Are we going to remove XC_shuttle when the last shuttle flight is over?

Jamey