[Xcb] XCloseDisplay hooks

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Wed Jun 9 08:23:20 PDT 2010

On 2010-06-09 04:11, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04 2010, Peter Harris wrote:
>
>> I'd like to see something like this for xcb/util/atom, too. Without it,
>> we can't add the sane/obvious asynchronous interface: xcb_atom_prefetch.
>
> Hum I though we said we would drop xcb-util-atom. Whatever, if you have
> smarts ideas to revive it, go on.

The constant definitions in xcb-util-atom are deprecated and will be
dropped, as constants are far better defined in xcb/proto.

The rest of xcb-util-atom has problems. Namely, it doesn't have
xcb_atom_prefetch, doesn't cache, and is generally synchronous. I'd
rather fix the rest of xcb-util-atom than drop it, but its current state
isn't particularly useful.

>> I tried writing a generic connection-private helper for xcb/util that
>> could be used by xcb/util/atom, xcb/util/render, cairo, etc, but I got
>> bogged down in the locking needed to make it thread safe.
>
> Ok. Can I/we help?
> I really need that to go on on my port.

Hmm. I may have destroyed it in a fit of frustration, but there's a
small chance I still have a copy on my laptop at home. I'll try to
remember to take a look tonight (EDT).

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group