[Xcb] More pthread stubs.

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Jun 22 06:08:45 PDT 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> > Bump.  Did I still need to send a patch to add the mutexattr lines to
> > the list of stubs?
>
> Yeah, as far as I can tell I was waiting for a zero-stub version of
> the mutexattr setters instead of the more complete implementation you
> posted. (That sounds so backwards but it's true...)

Okay, I've pushed three patches to the queue branch here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~joonas/pthread-stubs/log/?h=queue

Please review!

The other thing I wanted to point out is that "make distcheck" no
longer works for me.  The problem is as far as I can tell Julien's
824b3cdc "Generate stubs.c via Makefile".  It provokes the following
behaviour:  now that stubs.c actually has to be made now due to the
missing mutexattr stubs in my libc, automake's flakyness shows up
because distcheck no longer knows *how* to make stubs.c from
stubs.c.m4.  The rule in the Makefile.am simply does not propagate
correctly.

As a workaround I'd revert back to creating stubs.c at autogen.sh time
and simply not care about dependency tracking.  In a larger project
perhaps we could invest time in fixing automake or whatever, but for
the size that pthread-stubs is, I'm not sure that's warranted.

Cheers,

Joonas