[Xcb] About next release of xcb/util

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Mon Mar 22 09:42:07 PDT 2010

Hello,

Here is a  roadmap (more like a personal TODO I'm  used to keep private)
for  the  next release  of  xcb-util, feel  free  to  add anything  else
relevant:

* Split xcb-util bundles in several libraries.

  As Alan  suggested, I  will submit  a patch to  xorg-macros to  add M4
  macros  specific  to  XCB,  so  we  can merge  macros  in  libxcb  and
  xcb-util. I will also prepare  another git repository for files common
  to  all xcb-util libraries  (such as  doxygen configuration  files and
  xcb-util-common header).

* Merge  code  common  to  xcb-util/icccm  and  xcb-util/ewmh  (such  as
  xcb_get_{atoms,windows}_reply_t) into xcb-util/property.

* Fix  inconsistencies   in  xcb-util/icccm  prototypes   (for  instance
  xcb_set_wm_protocols() should have xcb_window_t before xcb_atom_t).

* Possibly use inline functions for  short functions like it has already
  been done in xcb-util/ewmh.

Nothing exciting though...

Regards,
Arnaud Fontaine