[Xcb] Question about XCB-XML

Marcos Roriz marcosrorizinf at gmail.com
Tue May 25 22:13:37 PDT 2010

Hello Guys,
    I'm working on gsoc for GNU Classpath/Escher and I'm basically
refactoring/implementing the client for X11 written totally in java other
goal is to decouple it from X to other backends (like DirectFB).
    One of the thing that I didn't understand is why does XCB/Xlib needs to
generate Xml for the protocol isn't the protocol fixed (at least at core),
i.e., "imutable", ins't better/easier to just create a implementation or
does it really needs the power of dynamic generation the C bindings? One
explanation is that it makes it easier to do a domain language (for example
xml-xcb) to describe the protocol, other than that is that like any
advantage???

Thanks in advance,
Marcos Roriz

--