[Xcb] pthread-stubs pthread_* declaration conflict [was: passing -lpthread for pthread-stubs]

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Mon Apr 18 05:48:42 PDT 2011

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Vincent Torri, le Mon 18 Apr 2011 14:26:14 +0200, a écrit :
>>> That's expected and actually the _whole_ point of libpthread-stubs (see
>>> README, that's what README files are: to document what the point of
>>> something is...)
>>>
>>> What is the actual error you're getting, if there's any?
>>
>> conflicting function declarations with the ones in pthread stubs and the
>> others in pthread.h (dllexpo / dllimport)
>
> Ah, but that's compilation issues, not link issues.  Simply submit a
> patch which adds the dllexport/import thingies to stubs.c.

ok. Though i was thinking that we needed to check if pthread was available
in configure stuff to decide what to do:

AC_CHECK_FUNCS(funclist, [], [PKG_CONFIG_LIBS='-L${libdir} -lpthread-stubs'])

funclist being he funtions described in list.m4. If you want to check
these functions, you have to provide:
  * the path for the header pthread.h
  * the path and the name for the library.

Vincent