[Xcb] pthread-stubs pthread_* declaration conflict [was: passing -lpthread for pthread-stubs]

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Apr 18 06:31:07 PDT 2011

Vincent Torri, le Mon 18 Apr 2011 15:24:44 +0200, a écrit :

> >>is available with foo
> >>
> >>is equivalent to
> >>
> >>! (is not available without foo)
> >
> >Nope.
>
> learn logic stuff

Learn logic stuff.

"is available with foo" doesn't mean "foo is required for it". If foo
isn't required for it, then it's available without foo too, and thus "!
(is not available without foo)" becomes false even if "is available with
foo" is true.

> >>unless pthread stuff is in the libc.
> >
> >Yes, and that's the _*WHOLE*_ point of libpthread-stubs.
> >
> >Did you actually read README?
>
> i'm currently at work so I can't right now. I stop dicussing with you.

Then forget about getting your patches accepted if you don't bother
reading the 9 lines which explain the whole purpose of what you are
trying to patch.

Samuel