[Xcb] XKB

Dirk Wallenstein halsmit at t-online.de
Mon Apr 25 00:56:52 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:07:32PM +0530, vikash agrawal wrote:
>    Hello Everyone,
>    I am a Vikash Agrawal. I did apply for GSoC 2011 in Xorg.
>    Due to exams I am unable to devote much of my time here.
>    I am taking following steps :-
>     1. Understanding libx11
>     2. Going through documentation's of XCB
>     3. Understanding proto's
>     4. XKB
>
>    I needed help in understanding <switch> in better way and the current
>    issues in that, and how should I move ahead on that.
>    I wanted to convey as of now I consider myself a complete n00b on
>    XCB/XKB, as of now
Maybe a tip that hopefully can save you time in understanding XKB:
Vmods are basically an indirection (as in pointers) to real modifiers
used only in the configuration.  Because real modifiers are limited to 8
and there can be more than 8 conceptional modifier functionalities
(NumLock, Alt, ...) xkeyboard-config can easier determine which real
modifiers share those functionalities.