[Xcb] Opening/closing (and resizing) many windows

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Thu Aug 4 13:05:18 PDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Edder wrote:
>  Weirdly though the documentation says that you
> should get a ClientMessage, which I assume means that the
> event->report_type should be XCB_CLIENT_MESSAGE. This didn't seem to
> work and after some bug hunting I discovered that the
> event->report_type that I got was number 161. Which seems to be an
> undefined report_type.

0x80 is the "Sent Event" flag, so you can tell the difference between
events generated by the server (no flag) and events sent by another X
application (flag is set).

161 & 0x7F is 33

(or #include "xcb_event.h" and
XCB_EVENT_RESPONSE_TYPE(161) == XCB_CLIENT_MESSAGE
and
XCB_EVENT_SENT(161) is true
)

Peter Harris