[Xcb] Socket handoff: I know how to take the socket, but how do I give it back?

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 19:58:12 PDT 2011

Hi XCB,

I'm poking around at the handoff stuff in XCB, and I was wondering if
there was a recommended way to give the socket back to libxcb after
I've called xcb_take_socket.

The use case is that I've previously called xcb_take_socket, and the
time has come to clean up the closure pointer (and perhaps even the
function pointer) which I previously passed in to the call. I imagine
things will go bonkers if I clean up the resources and then the passed
in function pointer is called.

This is only really a case if I'm calling xcb_take_socket on an XCB
connection I don't own, but that's the case where the consequences
would really bite me.

Thanks,
Antoine