[Xcb] XCB documentation effort status + TODO

Michael Stapelberg michael+xcb at stapelberg.de
Mon Dec 5 13:07:25 PST 2011

Hi,

Excerpts from Michael Stapelberg's message of 2011-12-03 16:01:02 +0000:
> repository. I will continue documenting events tomorrow. Any help is welcome.
Update: I created 14 new event manpages. Some fields are not yet documented,
for most a description would be helpful. Feel free to help!

Use "grep 'NOT YET DOCUMENTED' *.3" to find places where help is needed. Also,
creating new <doc> blocks for events which don’t have one yet is a good idea
– the events I documented so far are all we are using in i3, so I’ll leave it
at that for now.

Updated TODO list:
1) Document the reply datastructure fields
2) Document the reply values for functions (checked vs. unchecked)
3) Add a generic manpage for examples/replies/other API specific things.
4) Update doc/ in xcb-proto
5) Update the XML specification
6) Cleanup the generator code in c_client.py

Best regards,
Michael

BTW: URLs to the github repositories:
https://github.com/mstap/xcb-man-pregenerated