[Xcb] XCB documentation effort status — Merge?

Josh Triplett josh at joshtriplett.org
Sun Dec 18 11:06:41 PST 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 12:27:58PM +0000, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> Excerpts from Michael Stapelberg's message of 2011-12-11 16:31:42 +0000:
> > The following items remain:
> > 1) Document the reply datastructure fields
> > 2) Cleanup the generator code in c_client.py
> Also done!

Awesome.

> Therefore, can we merge my changes now? How do we want to proceed? Should I
> send you patches using git-format-patch? Or can you just pull my commits out of
> the github repositories?

For convenience of review, I'd suggest mailing a patch series to the
list, preferably one with cleanups and bugfixes squashed into the
original code so that you have a series of logically grouped changes.  A
patch series that introduces code in its final form makes it much easier
to inspect, compared to one which introduces code that later gets
cleaned up and fixed (leading to inspections that find the same issues
you've already fixed).  "rebase -i" helps here.

Does that sound like a reasonable next step?

- Josh Triplett