[Xcb] xcb_shm_put_image

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Thu Dec 29 05:14:21 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 201.1 at 9:36 PM, Louis Mendoza wrote:
> Thank You for your response
> I have tried using xcb_xv_shm_put_image and It does not post anything on the
> xcb_drawable_t. What format does the image have to be or what data structure
> has to used for this function. I've googled around and have not found an
> answer.

The documentation is supposed to be here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/videoproto/tree/xv-protocol-v2.txt

but it appears whoever added the shm_put_image request forgot to
document it. I've never used xv_shm_put_image (as I said earlier, I
prefer the core shm_put_image combined with RENDER transform), so I'm
afraid I don't know the format off the top of my head.

You could try using xscope and/or wireshark to see what the Xlib
version puts on the wire.

Peter Harris