[Xcb] xcb workshop? desktop summit participation?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Mar 1 14:23:13 PST 2011

On 09/24/10 03:08 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Josh & Jamey were gently prodded in person at XDS, but since they're
> not the only instigators...
>
> any more progress towards planning the XCB workshop that the X.Org
> board agreed to help sponsor?
>
> The proposed dates on http://xcb.freedesktop.org/workshop/ have all passed...

~6 month followup ping, since I was reminded by the cfp announcement for:

> P.S. As long as I'm poking the list, if someone wanted to start thinking
> about talks, hackathons, or other activities to participate in at next year's
> joint GNOME/KDE conference [1] to work with the developers of the toolkits &
> apps to evangelize xcb or find out from them what's blocking adoption, I bet
> the X.Org board would be willing to buy a couple more plane tickets.
>
> [1] http://www.desktopsummit.org/

The call for papers & registration is now open for this.
Abstracts for presentations are due by March 25.
Conference will be August 6th-12th in Berlin, Germany.
https://www.desktopsummit.org/cfp for details.

And just to be clear, this suggestion was in addition to, not instead of
a workshop/hackathon for the xcb developers to get together themselves,
though it could be the same time/place if that worked out for everyone who
needs to attend.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com