[Xcb] libX11 / xcb / glibc / xine-lib Problem

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Mar 14 15:17:29 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:54 AM,  <vdr at helmutauer.de> wrote:
> Hi Josh
>>
>> How quickly and reliably can you reproduce the hang?
>>
> Now I can reproduce it really fast ;)
>
> With the attached file the hangup occurs within one second (both threads
> are hanging).

Thanks for the test case! It made tracking down the problem really
easy (relative to anything else in Xlib, at least).

I believe your bug is fixed in this commit, now in libX11 git master:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libX11/commit/?id=fd85aca7a616c595fc17b2520f84316a11e8906f

I'm not certain this addresses your original problem, though, as it
fixes a potential deadlock if you use XLockDisplay, but doesn't
explain why you needed to use XLockDisplay at all. Note that I can't
test anything that requires VDPAU, so if the bug turns out to be there
then troubleshooting may be tricky.

For future reference, please remember to Cc the list when you have
extra information. In general, the first person to respond to a bug
report isn't necessarily the person who can find the right fix. I've
attached your test program to this mail so it's archived with the
list.

Thanks for the report, and please mail the xcb list again if you have
further problems.
Jamey