[Xcb] XCB documentation effort
michael+xcb at stapelberg.de
Mon Nov 21 14:33:40 PST 2011
we just concluded in #i3 that XCB is poorly documented (no news here). I/We
want to fix this. I’ll list a few random thoughts:
1) The wiki could needs some love. Not sure if our primary focus should be
on the wiki, though?
2) We need manpages for functions, just like Xlib has them. We can start by
just using the X11 protocol description for every request (automatically
generating that) and then enhance it with human-written
3) The function documentation should probably end up in doxygen as well, though
I’m not an experienced doxygen user.
Here are my questions to you:
1) Is anyone *currently* *actively* working on documentation? If so, what’s
2) Does anyone object to my thoughts above and if so, why?
3) Did I miss anything that seems important?
4) Do you have any hints/tips?
More information about the Xcb