[Xcb] Problems with latest XCB in Ubuntu 11.10

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Oct 18 13:01:09 PDT 2011

On 10/18/11 11:47, Nicholas Allen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 and can no longer compile our application
> because of some large changes that seem to have taken place in the XCB library.
>
> The main problem is that xcb_atom_get and xcb_atom_get_name no longer exist. I'm
> not sure what I should use to replace these functions. Also I can't find the
> xcb_property_handler functions anywhere. These seem to have vanished (eg
> xcb_property_handlers_init).
>
> I guess these functions have been replaced by some others but am unable to find
> which. Any help greatly appreciated!

Those aren't in libxcb, but the still-under-development xcb-utils helper
libraries.  /usr/lib/libxcb-util.so has several other xcb_atom_* functions
still, but I don't see any property_handler functions.   The archives of this
list should have the discussion and review of the changes made (late last year
or early this year if I remember correctly).

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com