[Xcb] [PATCH:modular] build.sh: Handle xcb-util module split
halsmit at t-online.de
Sat Sep 24 06:44:13 PDT 2011
On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 09:12:45AM -0400, Gaetan Nadon wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-09-24 at 10:44 +0200, Dirk Wallenstein wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:17:08AM +0200, Dirk Wallenstein wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 09:10:00PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> > > On 09/20/11 16:32, Gaetan Nadon wrote:
> > > >The git submodules have a public relation problem. Nothing tells you there
> > > >one and you get a strange build failure. You don't think of running the 'gi
> > > >submodule' commands.
> > >
> > > Yeah, I should switch to using build.sh to do my pulls, but I've had my own
> > > script since before that was added, so never needed to change. I guess this
> > > is more incentive to do so.
> > >
> > > The other thing I needed to do, was to add to $HOME/.gitconfig:
> > >
> > > [url "http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/"]
> > > insteadOf = "git://anongit.freedesktop.org/"
> > I thought I switch to checking out all modules with a '.git' suffix, so
> > that even the following configuration works:
> > [url "http"]
> > insteadOf = "git"
> > Unfortunately there is some inconsistency at fd.o repositories. Most
> > end with a '.git' suffix, but not all (so far I've found fontconfig).
> I filed a bug to make that switch more robust:
> I am saying this out of memory, I did mention a long time ago that the
> posted url for modules on cgit browser did not match the url we were
> using. The answer was that some daemon takes care of it. This may
> explain the inconsistency you are seeing. I don't really understand
> this stuff, but I thought of mentioning this piece of information.
Yeah, I saw some bugs about the URLs being wrong -- so an explicit
setting. However, it can be a hint. For anyone interested, scraping
More information about the Xcb