[Xcb] [RFC v0 proto] Add XInput2 protocol description

Daniel Martin consume.noise at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:43:28 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 09:56:26AM -0500, Peter Harris wrote:
> On 2012-12-02 16:05, Daniel Martin wrote:
> > Add the XInput2 protocol description for reviewing and feedback.
>
> I haven't had time to review the meat of this, but this stuck out on an
> initial glance:
>
> > +	xinput2.xml \
>
> > +<xcb header="xinput2" extension-name="Input2"
> > +     extension-xname="XInputExtension" major-version="2" minor-version="2">
>
> That's the same extension-xname as xinput.xml. I suspect the new
> definitions should be in xinput.xml, not in their own file.

As a conclusion of this thread I'll merge it into xinput.xml.

So, the next stop - xinput.xml:
- have a look at those 2 commented out requests
- have a look at those uninterpreted lists
  (maybe the same xcbgen problems as in XI2?)
- bump it to version 1.5
- merge XI2 in

Thanks Peter H. and Peter H. ;) for your comments.

Cheers,
    Daniel Martin