[Xcb] glXCreateWindow doesn't work when VISUAL_ID and screen->root_visual aren't equal

Pubby Eight pubby8 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 16:46:55 PDT 2012

I'm working on code very similar to this:

http://xcb.freedesktop.org/opengl/

It works fine when I use the default framebuffer configuration, although
when I try to query a certain one it fails. I've determined that it fails
whenever  VISUAL_ID (visualID in the example code) and screen->root_visual are
different values.

For instance, changing

GLXFBConfig fb_config = fbconfigs[0];

GLXFBConfig fb_config = fb_configs[1];

doesn't work.

Here is the error message:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

  Major opcode of failed request:  135 (GLX)

  Minor opcode of failed request:  31 (X_GLXCreateWindow)

  Resource id in failed request:  0x1800003

  Serial number of failed request:  32

What can I do to fix this?

----

Many thanks,