[Xcb] libX11 1.5 release blockers/status

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Mar 8 21:03:55 PST 2012

Peter has said he's ready for the GetRequest changes in here to be released,
but before we cut a release, it seems there's a few outstanding patches
waiting for review/applying:

  - Cannot wait for user lock in sync_while_locked

    Needs someone who knows Xlib locking (Jamey? Josh?) to review.

  - Revert "xcb: Add TCP fallback"

    This appears to be waiting for the corresponding change to go into
    libxcb and a libxcb-1.8.1 release to be cut so libX11 can require it.

  - Don't use caddr_t casts

    I just sent my reviewed-by, and haven't seen any objections, so this
    seems good to go.

There were some compose key/dead key patches hanging around for a while,
but I thought JimC caught us up on those now.

Anything else we should be waiting on before rolling a Xlib 1.5 release?

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com