[Xcb] Best way to obtain text input in XCB

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Tue Oct 23 13:45:38 PDT 2012

Hi,

We have an application that was ported from Xlib to XCB (as recommended
by someone on this list) but unfortunately the text input is now broken
because there doesn't seem to be any equivalent for doing this with XCB.
What is the best way to do this? Should we use a mixed XCB/Xlib API? If
so what API is currently the standard for getting text input on Linux?
We can't use high level APIs like Gtk or Qt so am looking for some
documentation on the best way to do this (ideally with just XCB but
mixed Xlib/XCB approach would also be possible for us).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nicholas Allen