[Xcb] xinput: up to XI v2.3 with all events

Daniel Martin consume.noise at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 05:48:33 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 02:33:55PM -0500, Peter Harris wrote:
> On 2013-01-27 08:58, Daniel Martin wrote:
> >
> > Additionally, I pushed everything to github:
> >     git://github.com/bartsch/xcb-proto.git
> >     git://github.com/bartsch/xcb-libxcb.git
> > Both repositories have the branches:
> >     rev-master
> >     rev-xinput
> >
> > The rev-master branches contain commits which I think should go into
> > master. They aren't necessary for the xinput stuff, but the rev-xinput
> > branches have those commits too.
>
> Thanks.
>
> The parts I've looked at appear reasonable, but I don't know the python
> well enough to give an honest reviewed-by.
>
> That said, if nobody objects in the next week or so, I'll pull the
> rev-xinput branches.

I do. Do not pull the branches. I've totally forgotten that there was a
problem with the 'full_sequence' field:
    http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2013-January/008129.html

I'll fix that (move the field to the beginning of the structure) and
report back when I've tested and merged the changes.

Additionally, I'm a bit astonished if the 'full_sequence' field should
be injected by xcbgen anyways, as the field is looks very libxcb related
to me. I think it should be injected by c_client.py. Because, others -
using xcbgen - may don't want or don't handle it. Am I wrong on this
one?

Cheers,
    Daniel