[Xcb] XCB Tutorials

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sat Nov 23 02:53:38 PST 2013

Hi,

On 21.11.2013 13:33, Mitchell de Bruyn wrote:
> Thanks for the info Uli, that was useful. And I take it back, it was not
> 20min. Transferring the changes can be a pain.
>
> These are only small changes, there is a lot of potential work on the
> tutorials.
>
> Two patches:
> - Some general fixes that gets examples working again and a little bit of
> formatting.
> - include and use inttypes.h for printf.

both patches applied and pushed. The first one didn't want to apply at first,
but "git am -3" made it work. No idea what the issue was.

Thanks for working on this!

Uli

> On 20 November 2013 22:14, Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> On 20.11.2013 11:12, Mitchell de Bruyn wrote:
>>
>>> I'm was quickly going though the XCB tutorials and saw some small
>>> inconstancies in the example code. e.g. A variable 'window' is declared
>>> but
>>> later tries to use 'win' so obviously does not compile.
>>>
>>> Is there a preferred file I can diff to send a patch?
>>> Or should I just write a list of all the trivial changes I had to make
>>> before gcc would stop complaining?
>>>

>> If you really want to send in patches, the wiki is in a git repo:
>>
>> https://secure.freedesktop.org/cgit/xcb/
>> git://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/xcb
>>

>>  Thought I'd ask before abusing bugzilla.
>>>
>>> Mitch.
>>>
>>> ps. It's all trivial changes so anybody with a spare 20min and access to
>>> the wiki could fix it. Would be nice if the examples compiled.
>>>

>> Thanks a lot for looking at this, bringing it up and sending in a git
>> commit (commit changes to git, get a file from "git format-patch
>> origin/master..") and sorry that I am lazy (in my defense: I don't have a
>> wiki-account for online editing either and I don't have my ssh key for
>> working with the git repo with me right now). :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Uli

<alanc> I think someone had a Xprint version of glxgears at one point,
    but benchmarking how many GL pages you can print per second
    was deemed too silly to merge