[Xcb] Building UI Elements using XCB

Bart Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Sep 6 22:33:58 PDT 2013

Don't let what "modern toolkits" do dissuade you from a
window-per-widget approach, though: it works fine, and is worlds
easier in most ways.

You probably want to write your toolkit output mostly atop Cairo, BTW;
the harder part is input handling. I don't have a great example lying
around, I'm afraid...

--Bart