[Xcb] names of nested structs of named bitcase/case are prone to nameclashes. Solution?

Christian Linhart chris at DemoRecorder.com
Wed Sep 3 00:42:35 PDT 2014

On 09/02/14 20:42, josh at joshtriplett.org wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 06:43:51PM +0200, Christian Linhart wrote:

> I'd like to avoid the "anon-struct", since we want this for all new
> sub-structures, so we should make it the default.  I'd suggest leaving
> "name", and adding something like named-type="true" for the structs
> where we *should* name the type.

Yes, that's better.
I have searched for instances of named bitcases and there's only one place
where they are used, and that's in xkb.xml: reply GetKbdByName.
( no need to search for <case> because it was introduced after the last release )

The reply GetKbdByName is broken in its current form in the xkb.xml anyways,
so it is most probably not used anywhere.

So, my conclusion is that we can safely omit named types for nested structs.
No need for an attribute. ( Sorry that I didn't think of searching for named bitcases before...)

I'll send a patch for that soon.

Chris