[Xcb] xinput:QueryDeviceState: git-repo with patches of this thread

Ran Benita ran234 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 06:10:18 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:56:46PM +0200, Christian Linhart wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Christian

> I have made all patches of this thread available in the following git-repos:
>
> http://infra-srv1.demorecorder.com/git/free-sw/xcb/querydevicestate-20140827-1/proto
> http://infra-srv1.demorecorder.com/git/free-sw/xcb/querydevicestate-20140827-1/libxcb
>
> These contain the newest version of each patch ( i.e., V2 if applicable ).
>
> I hope this simplifies pulling these changes into the official repo.

I have some more "procedural" requests (for the future), sorry :)

You have a few repos there with dates, it's a bit hard to follow. May I
suggest using just a single repo, one for proto and one for xcb, and use
appropriately-named feature branches for different sets of patches? Then
it is easier to see the latest versions of the patches, what depends on
what and in what order we should review (and if you put the repo url +
branch name in a patchset's cover letter that would be great). The
libxcb/proto split makes it a bit more difficult but you can give
matching branches the same name.

(Although if you make changes maybe it's better to create a
<branch-name>-v2 branch, see here:
http://git-scm.com/book/ch3-6.html#The-Perils-of-Rebasing)

Also, if you create a pull request or V2 for a set of patches, consider
amending them with the R-b tags you got (unless there were substantial
changes which require re-reviewing). This again helps with further
review and saves the committer some work.

Finally, since you make significant contributions you should probably
add a Signed-off-by tag to your patches. See towards the end here for
what this means:
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches/

If all of this is confusing let us know :)

And thanks for your continued work! With an MIT license people sometimes
choose to keep such work hidden...

Ran