[Xcb] Display freeze hanging in xcb_wait_for_reply

Daniel Kuhne dakuit00 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:52:12 PDT 2014

We are facing display freeze with libxcb-1.9 in multithreaded environment.
We see this freeze when we set resolution of our application to display
resolution,
graphic drivers performs a flip instead of a blit operation. In that case,
after some frames,
we will never come back from xcb_wait_for_reply() in XReply() inside
xcb_io.c. If
we set resolution not to fullscreen, we do get a blit for each frame, we
never fall into
a display freeze. We are wondering if this a known issue with xcb?

Could you please tell how we can provide more information? Where should we
do some
debug prints?