[Xcb] xml schema

Ben Hildred 42656e at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 10:48:10 PDT 2015

It is possible that I missed something, but I believe there is a small
opportunity for improvement to the schema which would make life
significantly easier for those using languages with a true string type. I
have noticed that there are at least three different uses for a list of
integers of a given size in the x protocol. For example a list of bytes can
be a string (image text 8), an array of numbers (set dashes), or some other
type of data (set pointer mapping) I have not seen a place to store this
information in the schema. I doubt it would be used in c but it  would be
handy for perl where I am using local lookup tables to keep it straight.
Ben Hildred
Automation Support Services
303 815 6721