[Xcb] pixel color

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Fri Nov 13 08:26:30 PST 2015

Hi,

Am 13.11.2015 um 16:22 schrieb Elliott Chapin:
> Funny that you didn't notice my question was about Xcb, or that I had
> implied that I succeeded in Xlib. Xcb documentation as such is not great
> (Xlib has its O'Reilly books). The closest I've been able to get is
> xcb_image_get_pixel in xcb_image.c. But what info is contained in
> "pixel" in this code?
>
> There is info on blending Xlib and Xcb, but I have had a hard time
> adding Xlib to my Fedora 22 (which uses Xcb).
[...]

I did notice that your question was about xcb, but I did not understand what
your question actually is. Thus, since you write that you already can do what
you want with Xlib, I am asking for how the Xlib version of your code works. The
idea being "How can I translate the following code to use XCB instead of Xlib?
XCreateSimplwWindow(dpy, RootWindow(dpy, 0), 0, 0, 10, 10, 0, 0, 0);" is easier
to answer than "How can I do windows with XCB?" (yes, exagerating example).

Cheers,

Uli
--
Who needs a ~/.signature anyway?