[Xcb] peer review for xcb-util-xrm

Ingo Bürk admin at airblader.de
Wed Mar 30 14:16:33 UTC 2016

Hi Ian,

thank you for the pointer. It's good to learn about more cases where
this util might be useful (more usages → easier to get it available on
platforms). In fact the entire thing is pretty much agnostic to X,
whether it's Xlib or XCB. It's too bad it was released as part of Xlib
rather than an independent util, but there's no point in doing this any
different for XCB now.

Anyhow, I'll keep XStringToKeysym and Xt in mind. The library has a
pretty extensive test suite, IMHO, and there are currently only two
deviations from Xlib's behavior (one is a bug, the other is actually
Xlib not following the spec). With more experience from using it in
non-XCB applications we might be able to enhance XCB itself using this.
We'll see.

Regards
Ingo