[Xcb] Proposed patch to support clang compilation of util-image

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Oct 17 06:19:38 UTC 2016

On 10/ 8/16 12:58 PM, Pablo Cholaky wrote:
> I think this patch is currently harmless and makes support to clang to properly
> compile it.

clang doesn't complain on the current code for me (probably because my libc
headers define the function called on a failed assert with the noreturn
attribute), but adding this:

>   assert(0);
> +  return -1;

causes clang to report two new warnings for me:

./xcb_bitops.h:210:10: warning: integer constant not in range of
       enumerated type 'xcb_image_order_t' (aka 'enum xcb_image_order_t')
       [-Wassign-enum]
   return -1;
          ^
./xcb_bitops.h:210:10: warning: implicit conversion changes signedness:
       'int' to 'xcb_image_order_t' (aka 'enum xcb_image_order_t')
       [-Wsign-conversion]
   return -1;
   ~~~~~~ ^~

Admittedly I run clang with more warnings enabled than the default build, to
help find issues during development.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com