[Xcb] xcb-proto DBE extension

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Thu Sep 1 14:34:27 UTC 2016

Re-adding the xcb mailing list, as it was accidentally dropped from the
To: field.

On 2016-09-01 3:31 AM, Lars Segerlund wrote:

> Hi and thanks,
>
>  I joined the xcb mailinglist, and thanks for the tip.
>
>  So what you are saying is that I don't need a union ? ( i used xidunion
> finally ... but will check ).

That is correct, you do not need (or want) a union.

>  I will checkout latest and rebuild and test.
>  I have one question though, can i tell configure to use my 'local'
> xcb-proto when building ? I havent figured out the flag.

There's some pkgconfig magic, but I don't recall it off the top of my
head. I think you can point PKG_CONFIG_PATH at your xcb-proto directory
or something.

>  I have a couple of test programs which run fine using xlib, and I am
> converting and testing now, ( static linking ) , which should be enough ?

If you're using libxcb, it ignores enum/altenum anyway. The enum/altenum
fields are used by languages with more strict type checks and by
dissectors (such as Wireshark).

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group