[Xcb] Figuring out how to use XCB-GLX

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Fri Sep 30 08:17:19 UTC 2016

On 26.09.2016 15:38, Joe M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for bothering you about this.
>
> I am trying to use OpenGL from xcb without using Xlib and found these
> patches
> https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2013-August/037593.html . I am
> trying to figure out how to use the functionality provided by those
> patches.
>
> Any suggestions / advice is greatly appreciated as I am stuck at this point.

Sorry to tell you this, but the only OpenGL API available under X11 is
GLX and GLX is inherently bound to Xlib.

What you are looking at is the GLX X11 extension. This is something that
the GLX API might use behind your back to do its thing, but by itself
this GLX extension does not give you the GLX API.

Cheers,
Uli
--
Who needs a ~/.signature anyway?