[Xcb] xcb/test: I propose to base it on cppunit

Christian Linhart chris at DemoRecorder.com
Fri Mar 31 06:26:40 UTC 2017

Hi Eric and all,

I have thought a bit about xcb/test.
I suggest the following:

  * do xcb/test as a fresh project ( i.e. not clone xcb/demo)
  * And use a regression test framework for it.
    I propose to use cppunit. ( https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/cppunit/ )
  * As far as possible, the tests should run and check themselves automatically without manual intervention needed.
    Ideally, we'll succeed to have everything running automatically, of course.

What do you think?

Chris

P.S.: Thank you for the info for how to start the process of creating a new project.
I'll do that soon.