[Xcb] Examples on using xcb-util-wm?

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sat Sep 29 06:17:24 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 28.09.2018 17:11, Christophe Lohr wrote:
>   May I ask another question: what is the purpose of
> xcb_ewmh_get_*_from_reply() functions?

I can't really say what the purpose should be, but I would say that
*_reply() just calls xcb_get_property_reply() and then *_from_reply()
with the result of that.

> Let's say I want to check if a given windows is fullscreen.
> The answer is within atoms returned by xcb_ewmh_get_wm_state_reply().
> Does xcb_ewmh_get_wm_state_from_reply() helps me to check
> _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN?
> How?

Well, you use the library to set up an instance of
xcb_ewmh_get_atoms_reply_t. Then you check if any of the ->atoms_len
entries in ->atoms is equal to the _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN atom (which
you previously got via xcb_intern_atom).

Uli
--
Sent from my Game Boy.