[Xdevconf] Bounces

Carl Worth cworth@redhat.com
Mon Jan 24 07:57:17 PST 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:42:29 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 17:14 -0500, George Staikos wrote:
> > Why do I keep getting unsubscribed due to bounces?  My email has been working
> > perfectly fine...
>
> It's a longstanding problem with freedesktop.org. I forgot the
> conclusion last time it was discussed.

I think we decided that the problems come from your mail server
bouncing back spam that came through the list and mailman then
deciding your address is unreliable for delivery.

At the conclusion of the thread, we recommended increasing some bounce
threshold parameters in the list setup from their defaults. This is a
per-list setting, so it's probably worth someone sitting down and
fixing up all the lists now, (and fixing the default for new lists).

-Carl