spec on "multimedia buttons"

R.T. van der Wal beveke at home.nl
Sun Aug 3 00:27:24 EEST 2003

Well, I think that at least it should be the same program on every
architecture. I hate getting used to new ways of setting the multimedia keys
up when switching between a Mac and a PC.
It would ofcourse be even better if there would be just some kind of
'driver-system' for which you can then load the appropriete driver for you
keyboard, either made by the manufactorer or by a volunteer, so you don't
have to set it up yourself.

And I'm still wondering why switching from PS/2 to USB would cause a problem
with my Logitech Cordless Desktop Optical... It's really annoying. It
shouldn't do that.

That's why I think a common and easyer way defined in a spec would be
useful.