[Annoyances] X-Windows Copy & Paste

Lars Hallberg spam at micropp.se
Wed Aug 20 01:41:39 EEST 2003

John Meacham wrote:

>some apps already behave differently, I am not in favor of this. my concern was not making sure all apps act the same, but making sure it is possible at all to get text out of those apps which cannot have a standard copy button or keybinding for some reason.

What about the mac-way, a copy in 'system' UI. Make a standalone program
that just copy primary -> clipboard and bind that to a menu or button on
Your pannel or equal in Your envirenment.

Not good, can't get cut and paste at the same place - but it's an
workaround that don't break anything while apps getting fixed. And it
will work for all apps that sets primary on selection - so it be fairly
consistent.

/LaH