XMMS Second Generation - Comments.

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 20:53:50 EEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:01:59AM +0200, Tobias Rundström wrote:
> The API is very straightforward and easy to use, which is good since the
> documentation could be a lot better.

FWIW, tutorial docs will hopefully be forthcoming for the GLib and Qt
wrappers when those are written. What you're using now is essentially
low-level backend so it only has the function reference stuff and no
overview.

> The concerns I have regarding DBUS now is that it's not very tested on
> anything but linux and only seems to work with g_main_loop in glib. I
> hope the devlopers will get it to work with QT and on other platforms
> soon enough.

I would expect it to work fine on any reasonable UNIX (essentially the
same portability as GNOME/KDE), but you're right it probably hasn't
been tested and may have trivial issues.

Havoc