HAL and CD monitoring

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos at pemas.net
Tue Dec 9 20:17:25 EET 2003

El mar, 09-12-2003 a las 19:06, Bastien Nocera escribió:
> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 17:55, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > El mar, 09-12-2003 a las 18:38, David Zeuthen escribió:
> <snip>
> > > Yeah, that would be great! magicdev is also a more catchy name than
> > > volume manager :-)
> >
> > Bastien, will magicdev change from a GNOME application to a non desktop
> > independent module?
> >
> > It could be really cool, the idea should be that the actual GNOME
> > frontend must configure hal events instead of the magicdev daemon.
>
> Actually, no, quite the contrary. magicdev would be the GNOME front-end
> for this type of events. HAL would be the desktop independent part.

Ok, I though your were proposing magicdev as the daemon to look for
media change.

I tried to talk with Owen about the CD poll because I only have the
kernel version of the «problem» about the magicdev popularity.

Do you know anything about it?

I know how should I implement the CD change event poll under the Linux
kernel hackers but someone (I don't remember his name) told me to ask
Owen about it. Could you help here? Do you have any information about
it?

Cheers.