A program to create desktop/menu entries

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Sat Jun 21 20:36:49 EEST 2003

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:51:57 -0500, Mike McCormack wrote:

> Comments, flames, etc?

You're coming from the end of 'lets figure out a common interface to
different desktops' and the menu spec
<http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/menu/draft/menu-spec/menu-spec.ht
ml> is coming from the end of 'lets make all desktops work the same
way'.

Frankly, I like your method better.

However, the menu spec already exists and is supported by GNOME at
least. It's on my TODO list for XFce 4.2 (on my optimistic days). So you
probably just want to follow it's recommendations.

-- b